Saturday, January 14, 2012

Space Cowboys

Opening dialog and theme song lyrics from my favorite radio drama, Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars.

Narrator: Kids! Shine yer astro-spurs and don yer robot fists. It's time for our thrillin' adventure... Sparks Nevada, Marshall on Mars.

Justice rides a rocket steed across the crimson plains of the fourth planet. Where one man bring fear to robots and aliens, and hope to the humans who make this frontier planet their home. He is Sparks Nevada, Marshall on Mars.

Sparks Nevada: I'm from Earth.

Narrator: Sparks Nevada rights the outlaw wrongs on Mars.

Sparks Nevada:
When theres varmints need a catchin'
And youngins need a savin'
On my rocket steed I race across the stars.
For I've worn by the burs of my astro-spurs,
To right the outlaw wrongs on Mars.

Chorus (Yes he rights the outlaw wrongs on Mars.)

Sparks Nevada:
Oh, the hyper-cattle's hummin'
And the Martian's savage drummin'
Are as beautiful as comet bugs in jars.
Yeah, I'm from Earth.
But I right the outlaw wrongs on Mars.

Chorus (Yes he rights the outlaw wrongs on Mars.)

Sparks Nevada:
On the plains of the red planet I uphold the law.
And I do it with a pair of robot fists (POW!)
For evil extermination I have wished
For my robot ropes they hardly ever miss!

Chorus (Hardly ever miss)

Sparks Nevada:

I reckon I'll be ridin' in the name of truth and justice
For as long as I can count the shootin' stars
For I've sworn by the burs on my astro-spurs
To right the outlaw wrongs on Mars.

Chorus (To right the outlaw wrongs on Mars.)

Sparks Nevada: And I'm from Earth!

Lasers:
Pew! Pew!

Narrator: We open on our hero as he speeds across the red plains in search of a pack of escaped robot outlaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment