Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rock Paper Scisors strategy

The game is played by humans, and thus not at all random.

1) Rock is for rookies. Most rookies begin by playing rock.

2) if the opponent makes the same move twice in a row, they almost certainly won't do it again.

3a) Players often imitate their opponents last move. Mimicry is powerful.

3b) When discussing a game, gesutre repeatedly with the move you want them to play first. Mimicry is powerful

4) If someone loses a round, they often play the move which would have won the last round.

5) Announce your next move (verbally) before hand. Your opponent will think you are bluffing.

Now if I was serious about this, I might develop some sequences of winning moves.

On the other hand, I tend to do pretty well at the game by running on intuition. This is the kind of thing which, when I instead turn to "logic/reason", I end up killing my edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment