Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christopher McDougall: Are we born to run?

Christopher McDougall

So you need to ask?

He imagines the origins of humanity as a hunting pack which uses its ability to sweat to run its prey to exhaustion and death. Running thus promotes both compassion and competition, good health, and community spirit.

Now I like to run, and wish I made the time to do more of it. But what I really like is to pick up heavy things. My legs feel soooo goood squatting 100+ kilos. I dream of deadlifting 200 kg, that is going to be so fantastic! Maybe I got too much of the neanderthal gene, who knows.

And why do people look in awe at men who are strong. I mean really strong. Guys who are great runners just don't inspire the same sense of awe in others, not unless you know. Running skill doesn't radiate in the same way.

Still, a talk worth watching

No comments:

Post a Comment